- Gaidica M, Studd EK, Wishart AE, Lane JE, McAdam AG, Boutin S, and Dantzer B. Quiescent behavior in north american red squirrels: Seasonal changes and consequences on performance. In review, Behavioral Ecology
- Wishart AE*, Jackson MD*. Feeding innovation by a Yukon red squirrel on Poplar galls in a low spruce cone yield year. Submitted to Canadian Field Naturalist. *authors contributed equally
- Gaidica M, Studd EK, Wishart AE, Gonzalez W, Lane JE, McAdam AG, Boutin S, Dantzer B. Using a homeogram to detect sleep in free-living animals. Preprint on bioRxiv: https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.10.14.464397
- Wishart AE. Towards equitable evolution & ecology learning online: a perspective from a first-time instructor teaching evolution during COVID-19. Preprint on SocArXiv: https://doi.org/10.31235/osf.io/8srv3.
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
6. Haines JA, Delaney DM, Wishart AE, McAdam AG, Coltman DW, Lane JE, Dantzer B, Boutin S. (2022). Sex-specific effects of capital resources on reproductive timing and success in red squirrels. Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology, 76: 142. DOI: 10.1007/s00265-022-03245-y
5. Wishart AE, Williams CT, McAdam AG, Boutin S, Dantzer B, Humphries MM, Coltman DW, Lane JE (2018). Is biasing sex ratio adaptive? A test of Fisher’s principle across multiple generations of a wild mammal in a fluctuating environment. Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, 285: 20181251. DOI: 0.1098/rspb.2018.1251
4. Zitani NM, Thorn RG, Hoyle M, Schulz JM, Steipe T, Bohorquez Ruiz Y, Sarquis-Adamson Y, Wishart AE (2018). An onychophoran and its putative lepidopteran mimic in the arboreal bryosphere of an Ecuadorian cloud forest. American Entomologist, 64(2). DOI: 10.1093/ae/tmy025
3. Locke MEO, Milojevic M, Eitutis ST, Patel N, Wishart AE, Daley M, and Hill KA (2015). Genomic copy number variation in Mus musculus. BMC Genomics, 16. DOI: 10.1186/s12864-015-1713-z
2. Castellani CA, Melka MG, Wishart AE, Locke MEO, Awamleh Z, and Singh SM (2014). Assessment of the relevance of CNV calling methods using familial relatedness including monozygotic twins. BMC Bioinformatics, 15. DOI: 10.1186/1471-2105-15-114
1. Luloff TW, Wishart AE, Addison SMF, MacDougall-Shackleton SA, and Hill KA (2011). Radiation exposure differentially affects songbird 8-Hydroxy- 2’-Deoxyguanosine plasma profiles: Ionizing radiation damage response in songbirds. Environmental Molecular Mutagenesis, 52(8). DOI: 10.1002/em.20666
- Haines JA, Delaney DM, Wishart AE, McAdam AG, Coltman DW, Lane JE, Dantzer B, Boutin S. (2022) Data: Sex-specific effects of capital resources on reproductive timing and success in red squirrels. Dryad, https://doi.org/10.5061/dryad.73n5tb30z
- Wishart, Andrea and Jackson, Morgan (2020). Raw cone counts of 20 black spruce trees near Twin Lakes, Yukon (61.702424, – 135.935528) on 1 September 2019. Knowledge Network for Biocomplexity: doi:10.5063/F1348HRV.
- Wishart, Andrea E. et al. (2018), Data from: Is biasing offspring sex ratio adaptive? a test of Fisher’s principle across multiple generations of a wild mammal in a fluctuating environment. Dryad, https://doi.org/10.5061/dryad.347tv64
Popular media & policy editorials:
6. Support Our Science: The Need for Increased Graduate Students and Post Doctoral Scholars in Canada. Canadian Science Policy Magazine. November 2022
5. Curious Kids: Why do chipmunks live on the ground but squirrels live in trees? The Conversation. 14 May 2020
4. “Salthaven’s Patient of the Week: Softening our impact, one baby animal at a time.” The Londoner. 24 May 2018
3. “Salthaven’s Patient of the Week: Baby, you can drive my car (or boat)” The Londoner. 5 July 2017.
2. “Salthaven’s Patient of the Week: Notes from the North” The Londoner. 6 June 2016.
1. “Salthaven Goes to Ecuador” The Londoner. 6 July 2015.